Eligibility and Repertoire Requirements
- must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- must be a resident of Manitoba OR registered in a full-time program at a recognized Manitoba educational institution;
- must study with an MRMTA member whose membership is in good standing at the time of application;
- must not have won any award at the CFMTA National Competition;
- must not have won the MRMTA Performance Scholarship, Advanced level twice;
- must not have reached their 25th birthday by January 1st, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: Any student who enters this competition will be limited to the Advanced level in future MRMTA Competitions.
The winner of this MRMTA Competition will represent Manitoba at the National Voice Competition. Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the details of the National Voice Competition repertoire requirements before applying.
Repertoire should be of an advanced level (Level 10, Associate Diploma level, and above). Selections should represent a variety of composers and eras. Selections need not be listed in any syllabus.
Competitors will prepare a 20-30 minute program which includes the following repertoire:
- One operatic aria
- One Art Song selection in English
- Two Art Song selections in two languages other than English
- One piece representing diversity - this could mean a piece composed by a BIPOC composer, a piece about diversity (content), or the struggles of minorities.
- Additional repertoire from the National Voice Competition requirements to round out the program as needed, but not required.